Get involved in your child’s school - Your opinions matter - Let your voice be heard
Be a part of the Blueberry School Council (BSC)
BSC is a group of parents, school staff and often a school division representative that meet once every month from 6:30pm until approximately 8pm in the Learning Commons. Meeting dates are set by the current School Council each year. Please see below for this year's dates.
If you want to know what is happening at school or if you want to express your opinion, then come out and be an active parent member. Information about the meetings is posted in each monthly newsletter which you can access on this website.
If you are interesting in contributing to fundraising efforts at Blueberry School, check out the Blueberry School Fundraising Council's page.
What do you discuss at a BSC meeting?
Discussions include the following:
- What our students are learning in the classrooms each month (curriculum as well as core values of the school)
- What important ongoing and upcoming events are happening at Blueberry School
- Monthly updates from our principal (i.e. how grades are reported, reports on how Blueberry School is doing in Parkland School Division and Alberta, what staff learn on Professional Development days and how do they incorporate it into their class learning, etc.)
- Monthly reports from our school trustee, who is also in attendance most months
You are given the opportunity to have a say in some decisions that will affect our students, school and community. This is your chance to have your ideas heard.
The School Council is also an active member of the Alberta School Council Association. Through this membership, our school council ensures that the voice of our school community is heard on a provincial level.
Hope to see you at our meetings!
2018-2019 Meeting Dates (Subject to Change)
Note: This year's meetings are scheduled for the afternoon and evening. The goal is to accommodate parents who may not otherwise be able to attend school council meetings due to time constraints and other committments.
- Monday, September 24 - 6:30pm
- Monday, October 22 - 1:30pm
- Monday, November 26 - 6:30pm
- Monday, January 21 - 6:30pm
- Monday, February 25 - 6:30pm (Tentative)
- Monday, March 18 - 6:30pm
- Monday, April 15 - 1:30pm
- Monday, May 27 - 6:30pm
2018-2019 School Council Minutes & Agendas
- School Council Meeting Minutes - September 24, 2018
- School Council Meeting Minutes - January 22, 2018
If you have anything you would like to add to the school council agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will forward your message to the council chairperson.
Patricia Whalen - Chairperson
Jen Richens - Vice Chairperson
Shawna Kuhl - Secretary
Jacklynn Cadeau - Treasurer
Suzanne Fellows - Member at Large
Trina Trimble - Member at Large
For more information contact: