Board Meeting Highlights - December 13, 2016
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, November 29, 2016. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board welcomed as a delegation Grade 9 Greystone Centennial Middle School student Jonathan Giovannoni who recently won Chopped Canada Junior. He took his $5000 winnings and combined local fund raising efforts to donate $10,000 to the Make-A-Wish Northern Alberta. To date, Jonathan has raised over $26,000 for Make-A-Wish and has been awarded the 2016 Youth Award presented by the Alberta Fundraising Professionals Edmonton and Area Chapter.
- The monthly financial report for the period ending October 31, 2016 was delivered by Director of Financial Services Jason Krefting. The year-to-date surplus is $2.1 million dollars.
- The Board approved an overall increase of 6.7% in premiums for the Sun Life insurance plan.
- The Draft School Calendars for 2017-2018, 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 were presented to the Board of Trustees. The Board has directed Administration to circulate the draft calendars to stakeholders for feedback. Comments, questions and feedback may be submitted via this Google Form prior to February, 2017.
- The Board of Trustees received as information the School Resource Officer (SRO) Program Report presented by Associate Superintendent Shauna Boyce. The purpose of the SRO, established in 2011, is to provide a direct connection between the community, the schools and the police.