Grade 5 Resources
If you know of a fun learning website that your friends and classmates would like to visit, tell your teacher.
- Interactive Art - Activities, games, and practice different ways of creating art!
- Canada Food Guide - Information on Canada’s Food Guide Basics, Choosing Foods, Using the Food Guide and Maintaining Healthy Habits. Create your own personal food Guide.
- Digestion Game - A curriculum-based game that guides grade 5 students through the function and components of the digestive system.
- Respiratory System - Lessons on the respiratory and circulatory systems in humans and animals.
- Sentence Structure - An interactive site about sentence structure
- Nouns - An interactive site about nouns.
- Past and Present - An interactive site about past and present tense.
- Pronouns - An interactive site about pronouns.
- Verbs - An interactive game about verbs.
- Games - Vast website with many language Arts games to practice writing skills.
- Elements of a Story - Information on Elements of a story.
- Radio Plays - Listen to old Radio Plays from the 1940's.
- Interactive Tools - Use this hands on site to help understand many Math concepts! Fun and Interesting
- Whole Numbers - Activities, games, and practice using whole numbers. Includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and puzzels
- Fractions - Activities, information and practice using fractions.
- Fun Games - Great, engaging games that encourage Mental Math and increase speed.
- Decimals - Activities, information and practice using decimals
- Shapes and Space - Activities, information, games and practice using shapes and space.
- Math Games - This website focus on topics such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing decimals and fractions, investigating algebraic expressions, computing area and volume of simple geometric figures, understanding the meaning of congruent geometric shapes and the relationship of the circumference of a circle to its diameter, and using percentages and circle graphs to interpret statistical data.
- Multiplication Games - Activities, games, and practice using whole numbers. Includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and puzzels.
- Mr. Nussbaum Interactive Math - Website with games and activities that are interactive to help with all topics in Grade 5 Math.
- TONS of Math Games
- Whole Number Games - Activities, games, and practice using whole numbers.
- Learning Notes - Games that help practice adn learn Musical notes.
- Music Lab - Games that help with all aspects of Music including tempo, rhythm, pitch, harmony, symbols, etc...
- Team Canada Olympics Site - Canadian Olympic Information
- Canadian Geographic for Kids - Great Interactive website for information, activities and games about Canada.
- Canadian National Parks - information, games, video, etc.
- Canadian Provinces to Join Confederation
- Canadian Stories - Articles about Canadian imigrants. Students can find a wide range of stories from famous Canadians to marathon runners.
- Commemorative Box Rubric
- History of Canada - Information on Canada’s History.
- Ghost in the Museum Game - Students take on the role of a musicologist and retrieve historical objects, photographs and archival documents that have been stolen by ghosts, so that the objects can be used in an exhibition.
- People in Canadian History - Information about people in Canadian History.
- Physical Geography of Canada - Information on Canada’s Physical Geography.
- UNESCO - Canada's World Heritage Sites
- What Makes Canada Cool? - Interactive map that highlights cool sites in Canada.